Chinese medicine (acupuncture and Chinese herbs) is highly sought after by many infertile couples seeking to become parents. Acupuncture and Chinese herbs can:
- Increase the blood supply to the uterus;
- Increase the chances of implantation of the ovum on the uterine walls;
- Reduce anxiety and stress hormones secreted during a stressful event that can significantly reduce fertility;
- Regulate hormones and the endocrine system which regulates the ovulation, (especially for women who suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome);
- Have a positive effect on the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis, which plays a key role in fertility;
- Regulate the menstrual cycle.
According to Dr. Nancy Snyderman, “When acupuncture needles are placed correctly, it affects the nervous system. The idea is that by stimulating the nervous system, the uterus calms down and allows blood to flow “. Chinese herbs and acupuncture help calm the uterus and increase the blood supply thus increasing the chances of successful implantation of an embryo in the uterus.
Acupuncture and Chinese herbs are safe approaches. They are effective, natural, drug-free option for the treatment of infertility. Contact us for more information or to make an appointment with one of our practitioners specially trained in the treatment of infertility.
- Human Reproduction Journal, Volume 11, Number 6, 1996 2.
- Fertility and Sterility, Volume 78, December 2002, 1149-1153 3.
- Personal website of Montreal acupuncturist Alain Bernard